Technology in the New Northwest Patient Tower Made Possible by Our Generous Community
The community's support of the new Northwest Patient Tower is bringing life-saving advances that are unmatched in the state of California. We are thankful for the generosity of those committed to ensuring the presence of world-class care in their own backyard. Due to their philanthropy, the new Tower will create a remarkable gift for thousands of families – the gift of more hope than ever thought possible.
Construction of the Northwest Patient Tower has been strategically timed to replace patient rooms, inpatient operating rooms, acute care services in the original buildings, and to meet seismic standards for acute care hospitals.
Two Floors with New Private Patient Rooms
The change to private patient rooms will greatly improve:
- Comfort: Larger rooms comfortably accommodate visiting family members and the latest medical equipment
- Safety: Electronic medical records are at the bedside in every room, helping clinicians safely coordinate treatment
- Privacy: Nearly all of the new patient rooms are private, allowing for discrete discussions and care
- Healing: Every room has natural light and access to a nearby outdoor healing garden featuring an exquisite statue of St. Jude
Entire Floor for Surgical Services
The new Integrated Surgical Suites provide surgeons with advanced technologies and optimal conditions for the newest minimally-invasive and traditional surgical procedures. The surgical floor houses:
- Neurosurgery Suite with an intra-operative MRI and state-of-the-art BrainLab software
- Cardiovascular Hybrid Surgical Suite with robotic C-arm imaging
- Cardiovascular Integrated Surgical Suite
- Five Orthopedic Integrated Surgical Suites
- Six Integrated General Surgery Suites