Radiation Oncology Center
Robotic imaging guidance, 4-D computer treatment planning, motion detection,
radiation delivered with surgical precision – these are among the
improvements used by our radiation oncologists to fight cancer more effectively
than ever before. At the Fred A. Jordan Family Radiation Oncology Center,
we offer the expertise of specialists considered among the best in their
field along with the newest technological advances. The result? More precision,
fewer side effects, and better outcomes.
Advances in care include:
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation therapy for breast cancer, making
treatment shorter and far more convenient.
- High-precision radiotherapy using highly sophisticated Intensity-Modulated,
IMRT Rapid Arc, and Image-Guided technology (IGRT)
- Sophisticated 4-D treatment planning featuring computer-guided simulation
to precisely control the amount of radiation given and to customize treatment
plans, directing beams of different intensities at different angles to
target a tumor with unmatched precision.
- High-dose brachytherapy (internal radiation) for breast, prostate and gynecological cancers
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) for tumors close to vital structures,
using beams from many more directions to allow high radiation doses to
very precise targets.
- Stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) for brain lesions
- Radioactive iodine therapy for thyroid cancer
- Radium 223 for metastasized prostate cancer, delivering radiation directly
to the bone tissue by binding with minerals in the bone, sparing normal tissue.