Get a Second Opinion
Receiving a diagnosis of breast cancer can be overwhelming. Many women think and feel that their options are limited and that they need to act immediately. However, there is time to get a second opinion, not only to confirm the diagnosis, but to gather as much information as possible so you can make the best decision for your health.
We offer surgical and diagnostic second opinions
Our multidisciplinary team of experts offers consultations for patients seeking a second opinion about their treatment options. Our goal is to give patients enough information so they feel comfortable taking the next step in managing and treating their disease. Please call our Breast Nurse Navigator at (714) 446-5367.
Second opinions are available in these specialties:
- Pathology - Pathologists offer expert review of patient slides.
- Imaging - Patients can submit images to be re-read by our dedicated breast radiologists.
- Surgical Oncology - Surgical oncologists offer an expertise in breast surgical oncology. A second opinion with a surgeon typically involves confirmation of diagnosis and review of imaging studies (or additional studies if needed).
- Reconstructive Surgery - Our reconstructive surgeons consult with patients who are newly diagnosed or who have completed treatment and want to explore their options. They also provide consultations for patients who are seeking corrections on surgeries received elsewhere.
- Radiation Oncology - Radiation Oncologists offer a consult on treatment options, understand these options and help you make an informed decision about which is best for you.
- Medical Oncology - Our Medical Oncologists are frequently consulted for treatment plans, even if the patients are not treated here.