Nurse Navigator Program
When you or your family member is diagnosed with cancer, the feeling can
be overwhelming. Suddenly you’re facing a daunting array of decisions,
medical specialists and unfamiliar language. That why we created our innovative
Nurse Navigator program. Specially trained and experienced in oncology
care, our Nurse Navigators are available to support you through every
step of diagnosis and treatment.
During each phase of care, your nurse navigator will be there: providing
education, helping you gather information, improving communication with
your medical team, and ensuring you understand the tests and procedures
you’ll be facing. Equally important, we’ll be there to offer
support, encouragement and friendship.
Your nurse navigator is the person you can turn to for answers, help or
just someone to talk to. From teaching you how to manage treatment side
effects to helping coordinate services, your nurse navigator will remain
personally involved in your care through every phase.
Your nurse navigator can:
- Help you and your family understand your diagnosis and treatment options
- Ensure you have the information you need to actively participate in your
own care: empowering you to make informed decisions
- Coordinate your care with your medical team to relieve the emotional burden
that often comes with a cancer diagnosis
- Enhance your communication with your physicians and other care providers
- Ensure your questions, concerns and clinical issues are successfully resolved
- Advocate for you and serve as a medical knowledgeable friend who is committed
to helping you through your cancer journey
Click here to complete a survey regarding your Nurse Navigator experience.
For more information or to contact our nurse navigators, please call (714) 446-5301.