Nurse Navigator Program
When you or your family member is diagnosed with cancer, the feeling can be overwhelming. Suddenly you’re facing a daunting array of decisions, medical specialists and unfamiliar language. That why we created our innovative Nurse Navigator program. Specially trained and experienced in oncology care, our Nurse Navigators are available to support you through every step of diagnosis and treatment.
During each phase of care, your nurse navigator will be there: providing education, helping you gather information, improving communication with your medical team, and ensuring you understand the tests and procedures you’ll be facing. Equally important, we’ll be there to offer support, encouragement and friendship.
Your nurse navigator is the person you can turn to for answers, help or just someone to talk to. From teaching you how to manage treatment side effects to helping coordinate services, your nurse navigator will remain personally involved in your care through every phase.
Your nurse navigator can:
- Help you and your family understand your diagnosis and treatment options
- Ensure you have the information you need to actively participate in your own care: empowering you to make informed decisions
- Coordinate your care with your medical team to relieve the emotional burden that often comes with a cancer diagnosis
- Enhance your communication with your physicians and other care providers
- Ensure your questions, concerns and clinical issues are successfully resolved
- Advocate for you and serve as a medical knowledgeable friend who is committed to helping you through your cancer journey
For more information or to contact our nurse navigators, please call (714) 446-5301.