Facts and Statistics
St. Jude Medical Center is a faith-based, not-for-profit hospital located
in Fullerton, California.Established by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange
in 1957, St. Jude provides exceptional care and is one of Southern California's
most respected and technologically advanced hospitals. With nearly 700
of the area's finest physicians on staff, St. Jude offers nearly every
medical specialty and sub-specialty. Whether for the birth of a baby,
lifesaving surgery or a routine mammogram, St. Jude continues to set the
standard for medical care and offers the community the most comprehensive
array of services and programs.
St. Jude Medical Center Statistics for Fiscal Year 2015
- 15523 admissions (including newborns)
- 13,019 surgeries
- 2,093 babies born
- 56, 479 emergency department visits
- 370, 244 outpatient visits (excluding emergency department)
- 320 licensed beds
- 670 physicians
- 2,280 employees (full time and part time)
Widely recognized for its expertise, St. Jude’s areas of specialty include
In addition, St. Jude Medical Center offers:
St. Jude Medical Center has been meeting the needs of north Orange County
since 1957 when it opened its doors. St. Jude Heritage Healthcare has
been its partner since 1995. Together, we have accomplished the following
community benefit initiatives in FY13 (July 1, 2012 – June 30, 2013).
- Community Benefit Programs served 28,701 persons with 142,922 in-person
- Provided 12,306 medical visits and 6,922 dental visits to uninsured/under
insured low income persons through our fixed site and mobile community
clinics increasing access to care to 4,578 individuals.
- Continued the St. Jude Heritage Access Program to expand comprehensive
medical home access to 106 patients at St. Jude Heritage primary care
- Increased access to specialty care for the uninsured by recruiting additional
volunteer specialists at our clinics and partnering with Access OC where
90 volunteers provided 15 free surgeries and colonoscopies at a Super
Surgery Saturday event.
- Implemented Year 5 of the Healthy for Life program partnering with the
Orange County Department of Education on a transition plan in the elementary schools.
- Continued the South Fullerton Neighborhood Healthy Weight Initiative which
expanded nutrition and physical activity programs and policies in the
- Continued to partner with Fullerton, Placentia, La Habra and Buena Park
Collaboratives on their Obesity Prevention Plans.
- Prevented the conversion of St. Jude Neighborhood Health Center patients
with pre-diabetes to diabetes through a pre-diabetes protocol.
St. Jude Medical Center invested $46,875,708 in community benefit in FY13,
an increase of 0.3% from FY12 $46,715,471. St. Joseph Health, Heritage
Healthcare invested $5,372,556 in community benefit in FY13, an 18.6%
increase from FY12 $4,529,554. For more information call (714) 992-3000,
St. Joseph Health
St. Jude Medical Center is a member of the St. Joseph Health. St. Joseph
Health System is an integrated Catholic health care delivery system providing
a broad range of medical services. The health system is organized into
three regions—Northern California, Southern California, and West
Texas/Eastern New Mexico—consists of 14 acute care hospitals, as
well as home health agencies, hospice care, outpatient services, skilled
nursing facilities, community clinics, and physician organizations.
To learn more, click
here to visit St. Joseph Health online.