Construction Begins on New Patient Tower
Construction is underway on a $312 million patient tower that will help ensure this community’s access to the finest medical care available today. Opening in the fall of 2014, the Northwest Tower will seamlessly blend sophisticated technologies with innovations in care and convenience: the result will be a place of hope and healing for thousands of families.
State-of-the-art “smart” surgical suites will combine advances in imaging, technology and computer capabilities, creating the next generation of surgical care. The tower will also feature spacious, light-filled private rooms designed to optimize healing.
Other highlights of the four-story tower include:
- large windows and an open design will fill hallways and rooms with natural light, creating a warm and calming environment
- a beautifully landscaped healing garden will provide restoration and relaxation for patients and visitors
- computers in every room will permit physicians and nurses to review and update medical records without leaving the patient’s bedside
- a spacious new cafeteria will offer convenience as well as an warm and inviting place to relax
- the newest improvements in minimally invasive and robotic surgeries will offer greater precision and exceptional outcomes
- details in every room, such as flat-screen TVs and comfortable daybeds, will help ensure the comfort and convenience of patients and family members alike
- advanced information systems will allow our clinicians to collaborate, prevent delays and improve diagnosis
- innovations in patient safety include one of the nation’s most successful systems for preventing medication errors
- While the design for the Northwest Tower is new, the foundation remains the same: a promise made over 50 years ago to offer life-changing care. “This new patient tower allows us to fulfill our commitment to improve and safeguard the lives of those in this community,” explains Lee Penrose, President and CEO. “It will help ensure we remain at the forefront of medicine and allow excellence and innovation to flourish.”